NEW: Start-up modules as in the mini sumo will be needed for the 2017 Competition.
I. Rules of the Competition
Line Maze is a discipline in which an autonomous robot tries to get out of a labyrinth, made by black lines. The route represents multiple intersections, with multiple entrances and a single exit, which is indicated by a circle or a square with a side, equal to 10cm.. The winner is the one, which has managed to find the exit and get out of the labyrinth in the shortest time.
The robots have three consecutive attempts. The start is at a line, determined by the judges prior to the start of the race.
The winner is the robot with the least time, which is the shortest valid from its three times.
The robot will be disqualified if it violates the principles of fair play:
- If it is not keeping the line, but instead tries to take a shortcut, which is not marked with a line
The robot will be disqualified for technical reasons:
- If it sets itself on fire.
- If it does not run more than 30 seconds, or at the discretion of the judge
- If after attending the robot has left on the field liquids, innards or other items and materials.
- If it does not cover the technical requirements set forth in the regulation.
The round can be replayed on judicial discretion:
- If the detection system does not work correctly.
- If the track is dirty or interference happens during the tour.
The robots, which have not finished are ranked in the last place in an alphabetical order.
II. Technical requirements for the robots
The robot must have a maximum size of 15.00 cm width and 15.00 cm length. The maximum height of the robot must be 20.00 cm.
No restrictions on the weight of the robot.
The team can put in a prominent place the national flag and the logo of the organization for which the robot competes. The robot must not collapse during the race. The robot must withstand the entire circumference of the track without any outside help.
III. Requirements for the field
The time is measured with an automated system, at the moment in which the robot pass through the start line.
2. Proportions and colors
The line is black and the trace is white. The width of the line is 2cm. The distance between two adjacent lines is not less than 15 cm.